Friday, December 10, 2010

you gotta start somewhere...

So I began this blog at the beginning of the week and today I've finally forced myself to start writing! Everyday I'd sign on and feel this insurmountable pressure to write something profound. Until this morning I forgot about the fact that this is MY blog and MY little spot in cyberspace to muse about whatever is important to me (talk about power). I suppose it's also a difficult time to start a blog: do I write about being pregnant which has practically passed? or do I write about my new family which has yet to come in the future? (well maybe tomorrow). In many ways I wished I chronicled my pregnancy in one location as I can truly say the journey has been nothing like I've ever experienced. I never knew the human body was capable of such things until it happened to me...in fact I never knew I was capable of this at all! I could go on and on writing about the things I've learned about my body, what I've learned about the people around me and most appropriately all the things I feel like I know nothing about. I suppose the big stack of baby books that have been at my bedside for months makes me look like a well educated mother, but I honestly can say I'm feeling a bit of panic at the idea of taking a newborn home and calling him mine - talk about mind bending!! I think it's pretty obvious that Mo and I have a tendency to make things more difficult than they have to be (I mean people have babies everyday right?) but it doesn't mean that this new chapter in life doesn't have me awe struck.

I go into the hospital tomorrow to be induced. It's certainly not the way that I hoped he would come into the world but I suppose all my parts have had enough! My body is under a good deal of stress right now so I know it's the best for us both. I feel that I've been very lucky in love, having somebody that I've been able to walk through these new phases of life with. I look forward to this monumental moment and the Pandora's box of life experiences we have yet to adventure together! Here's to this weekend...we'll keep you posted :)

10 comments:

LindsayOtt said...

Les, great post - truly from the heart (and the belly? :). Can't wait to meet my new neighbor! Love to you, Linds

Evie Shaffer said...

There are no books, advise, words from the wise that can completely prepare you for motherhood; these tools are simply an instrument to ease this milestone. Conversely, one cannot prepare you for the insurmountable feelings of love, passion, protective instinct and awe you will experience shortly.

Evie said...

I love you and Mo very much and extremely excited to meet my grandson.

Jill said...

Love it! I'm so excited to see that you have started a blog (maybe it will give me a little motivation to start one too). We can't wait for your little one to arrive, hear all about him and of course, have playdates! You are going to be awesome parents!!!

Sarah said...

what a great first post :) best of luck with the induction... i'll be thinking of you and how happy you will be when he arrives!

Marissa said...

Good Luck tomorrow you guys! We will be thinking of the two-er-three of you!

Karen Green Stone said...

Hi Les and Mo,

Thanks for sending this to us. Makes me smile. Hold on as you step into the front seat of the roller coaster of life!

Thinking about you with love and curiosity!
Aunt Deda and Rob

Robyn DeGaetano said...

Yeeehaw!!! So exciting!! I wonder if he's been born yet at this point...hmm...can't wait to hear his name and see pictures. And incidentally, your mom's comment are dead-on. I hope your labor is going well and that you guys enjoy your "moment" to the fullest. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! It finally occured to me to go to your Facebook to see if I can find any news about your status. You have been very much on my mind all weekend. It's been more than two days since you were to have been induced, so it seems this must be one Humdinger of labor. It seems I've heard of labors lasting 2 or 3 days, and inductions typically always take longer than what would otherwise be considered typical. Honestly, I do feel a little worried, having still no news from you but am hoping all is well, and our new little guy might already be bouncing on your knee. Love, Mom/Debbie

Evie said...

Welcome to my shoes! It's wonderful to be a mother and now a grandmother. Love his camouflage outfit with his chubby bare feet….good shot!